I’m Yobob

It means, “Hey anonymous or hey stranger”

The ‘yo’ just means hi and the ‘bob’ is just a generic random name which mostly means to me, anonymous. When you play a video game, there’s almost always an option to input your character’s name. Every time I play a game with lots of people, the names are usually taken. So I created Yobob, having the idea of joining a server full of people with the intention of being a friendly nobody. Yo-Bob – Hey stranger. I think it’s fitting since everyone online is a stranger. No one has taken that name ever. Well…let’s hope that trend goes on after posting this.

character boy tramatized
Designed by Sphenops

Life as a game designer is hard. This company is a one man team. All the marketing, music, programming, and even 90% of the art is done by me. Don’t ever do this. Grab a team. The other 10% are commissioned. Most of them I hire to draw character designs. Like this one. (Thank you Sphenops)

Or sometimes I buy art assets to cut down time when developing games. Then I can say, 10% of the art is done by me and the other 90% is commissioned. Haha…

I’ve started developing video games when I was in college, still using the identity of Yobob to make games. It was an on and off thing while I was finishing up my physics degree. During the time I was studying, I learned how to hone in on my craft in relation towards video games. I’m proud to say I’ve studied under an LA Philharmonic Composer. I’ve spent a good 8 years learning how to write a captivating story and all the physics background I know allowed me to quickly learn new skills…like programming.

With all these skills I learned, I had to learned how to  use them

character girl getting hurt
Designed by Sphenops

The first game I made, I wanted it to be big. Big mistake that was. A good lesson to those newer developers: don’t scale up. Scale down and perfect the fun level in them. Moving along a couple of years later, I managed to work with an artist to create my first small scale game: The Beast Named Eliza. It did pretty well considering that was my 2nd attempt at game development. I also had to create a splash screen to represent myself as a developer. What did I choose? Y.B.

After that, I developed a few more games. The Chains That Bound Me and Em-A-Li.

Being an indie developer is hard, but you do it not for the money, but for the satisfaction.

I think it’s funny how I chose yobob as my gamer name. I say this because I had quit video games a long time ago.It was because of school and because I realized how much video games can take away your time from other important things…like career…and your life. I won’t go into too much details of it but it involves lots of bad mistakes.

Rainy day nearby the waterfall

Yobob has a lot of history to me. More of a life history than a gaming history and I learned from those life mistakes. It made me become a forgiving person and I think that influenced me to write stories that impact players a lot more.

What does Y.B. means? “hey anonymous” or a friendly nobody that write stories to bring more humanity to people’s lives.

Well, this is how Y.B. became Y.B. A crazy scientist that wants to write stories for the better of humanity.

Support the Developer

As a one man indie developer, there are huge downsides in developing games. That’s recognition, financial stability, and the small size development team. I continue to make games because I love it and will not stop doing it. So, support me and I will never give you a bad game to play. That means join my discord, haha. I love to talk to my fans.

Newsletter SignupKeep up to date on all the Game Development!

Subscribe to our newsletter below and never miss the latest game development updates, news, and game features.